Behavioural Health Foundation (BHF) has roots dating back to 1967, as Canada’s first residential treatment facility for families. BHF continues to honour the tradition of providing a safe and structured environment for holistic addiction and co-occurring mental health treatment services.
The objectives of our programs include:
- Elimination of dependency on the use of substances.
- Fostering a positive self-image and identity.
- Developing work skills and work habits necessary for obtaining employment or entrance
to an educational institution.
- Integrating the individual back into the community as a productive member of society.
- Enabling families to function as healthy, nurturing units,
- Providing parents with an understanding of their children’s development and the effect of the parent’s behaviours on their children,
- Fostering self-confidence in the adults assuming their role as parent,
- Enabling the children to work through their own conflicts as it relates to their family situation, thereby effecting positive changes in behaviour.